Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Back To My Roots

Yesterday I was lucky enough to have an hour long phone conversation with one of my running mates growing up. I say running mates because for about two years, while we were both in high school together, we probably saw eachother every single day. Not because we were in the same classes or because we were next door neighbors, but because we played basketball every single day. At the park, after school in the gym, in the hallway with a tennis ball. No matter what we played ball and we loved it. It consumed our lives. And all we wanted to do was get better at playing the sport we loved.


Since then, a lot has changed. Now we are both trying to help others become better players and athletes. My friend is running an AAU basketball program just outside of Atlanta, GA (www.gounited.org). I'm just starting a strength training business that is looking to help student-athletes become stronger and more durable so that if they choose to follow our path of playing college basketball, or any sport, they will be better suited to do so. We want to give kids the same help that we got from our mentor.

So what does this mean for the blog? Not a whole lot will change, other than the fact that I will be posting more often, starting in the next couple of weeks, and that I will be posting on basketball related topics along with general strength and fitness topics.

With this in mind, if there is anything that you would like me to discuss, leave a comment below, post a comment on facebook or shoot me an email. My goal is to serve you the best way that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment