Thursday, June 3, 2010

Change the Game

The name of this blog is, Change the Game Sports Performance. When I was thinking of a name and bouncing ideas off of a couple of my best friends, this one seemed to make the most sense.


Even though I want to work with anybody who has the desire to better themself physically and mentally, the majority of the people I have worked with and will continue to work with are athletes. With that in mind, my goal with any athlete is to prepare them and give them the confidence to compete at the highest level that they can. And, not only compete, but to have the oppotunity to change the game because of their capabilities and work ethic.


In another way, athletes can change the game through the way they act on and off the field of play. Like any other coach, I want the athletes I train to work relentlessly in every aspect of training. But I also want my athletes to be the most respectful in the classroom and within their communities.


So much showboating goes on now and it makes me sick. I spent the last two years recruiting for a very good D3 men's basketball team and it took no time at all for me to cross kids off because of a lack of respect for their coach's, parents and the game.


I want to coach the kids that want to be great athletes and great people. Hard work and sacrifice pays off. Being great at anything is not easy and takes drive, discipline and determination. And I think people can learn a lot of those principles through strength training.


Change the Game - on and off the court

Strength For When It Counts


Bobby

No comments:

Post a Comment