Thursday, June 17, 2010

Get it done

I drove home Tuesday night after class (from 10:30pm-6:45am) and I obviously had a lot of time to think. The two things that come up a lot are my two passions in life - training and business.

So I thought about what my training would be like for the rest of the week seeing as I would probably not have access to a gym since I will be at my girlfriends house for the next few days, then traveling on Friday to see the rest of the family and get ready for a weekend with some friends.

Well, what ended up happening is that I had one of the best workouts I've had in a while. Here is what me and my girlfriend did last night:

15 min. dynamic warm-up
4 laps around a track in the following manner - sprint the first 50 yards of a straightaway, jog to the start of the next.
Push ups - 3 sets
Chin ups on the back of the football field stands - 3 sets

1/2 mile on the track doing the same thing

After this workout, we were both pretty fried. Especially me, since I haven't done sprints on a flat surface for the past 3 weeks because I have fallen in love with hill sprints and sled pulls.

The point of me telling you what I did last night was to show you that anywhere you go there are opportunities to have a great workout. You don't need fancy equipment, air conditioned gyms or sparkling spring water. Get a partner and/or some good music and get it done. There are no excuses to building the body you want. People have done so with far less than what many have these days.

If you are new to training or just have questions, leave a comment or shoot me an email letting me know what equipment you have or where you would like to train and whats around. Chances are you can build muscle, strength and athleticism no matter how little you think you have access to.

I'll post on the next 4 simple steps to fat loss next. I really felt like I needed to get this topic out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment